Pages

7.06.2012

Welcome to the world, Baby Colin!


Everyone, meet Colin! He's the cutest, calmest baby boy I've met in a long time. I'll admit- I don't meet too many babies (unfortunately, because I love them), but I know this little guy will stick with me for a long time. Why? Because he was the subject of my first newborn session, and by all my means of measurement, I'd say it was a great success! Colin's dad, Brent, happened to be my supervisor at the coffeehouse I worked at when I was still at SU. When I found out his wife Ashley was having baby number two, I rather unashamedly offered to do photos for them- they trusted me, and I am so thankful to have gained this experience photographing their wonderful little family (see their family session here). Enjoy!


These ones below really get me. There's this picture I have of my own dad sitting next to a window holding me as a newborn, and I love it. I hope Colin loves this one when he grows up! 


I like to keep my editing style pure- I like to enhance natural colors or convert to B&W, but I tend not to add special color effects. However, I found that I really liked this sepia-inspired look for this newborn session. I think it works; there's something tender and special about it!


Big brother Caden decided during family photo time that making a "T" shape with his hands absolutely had to accompany any sort of smile... we worked with it :) 


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be...

Psalm 139:13-16



Welcome to the world, beautiful boy :)

No comments: