Pages

5.27.2013

Happy One Year Plus One Day Anniversary!



366 days. That's how long we've been married- or rather, that's how "short" we've been married. Time is this funny thing that seems like an eternity and the blink of an eye at the same time. I have to try really hard to think about where we were exactly one year ago. Actually, we were on our way to Bermuda... but "we" as individuals and as a unit have been transformed in so many ways. And not just in the "Tierney can no longer fit into any of her cute dresses because she had a baby" way. It's much deeper and more complex than that.



I'll be honest (since that seems to be my thing these days). There have been moments in the past year when I've wondered if we knew what we were doing by getting married. There have been moments when I kind of wished we weren't married... but those were such small, fickle moments, overwhelmed by the number of times I spent with tears streaming down my face as I quietly tried to grasp how consuming my love for you was (and still is). It's unlike anything I've ever known. I don't always "feel" it, but when I do, it literally brings me to my knees.



I should have posted this yesterday. But in typical Tierney fashion, I slept in Sunday morning on our "real" anniversary (kind of? as much as sleeping in with a newborn allows?) and you let me, keeping the baby quiet and entertained as you often do in the mornings to be extra good to me. Then the day slipped away and I still didn't post it... so here it is. I don't even know what else to say other than that I'm so thankful to have you to share this journey with and that I think you look incredibly attractive in the picture below, and that I'm sorry that I'm not very good at making things special. We are more of a "this moment just happened to turn out to be special" kind of couple. Trying to make something special usually results in us having some sort of argument, so when that next special moment just so happens to come along, let's cherish it and wish each other a happy anniversary :)


No comments: