Pages

5.07.2013

22


Graduate from college. Get married. Go to Bermuda. Get pregnant. Start a photography business. Burn my arm. Switch to a "non-toxic" lifestyle. Second shoot for Mary Dougherty. Have a baby.

If someone had told me on May 3, 2012 (that's me on that exact date standing awkwardly against that tree!) all that would happen during my 22nd year of life... I would have probably experienced a million different emotions. Some things might have shocked me (like the fact that two months later I'd be PREGNANT), some things might have scared me (second degree burns? childbirth, anyone?) and some things would have amazed me (photography business? second shooting with Mary Dougherty!? becoming a MOM?)

The fact is that 22 was the most eventful year of my life to date. And if I've learned anything, it's that I don't know exactly what the future holds. Who but the Lord knows if I'll see tomorrow? I absolutely love these lyrics from the popular song, "In Christ Alone." They perfectly reflect what I hope & pray my heart's focus & attitude would be both now and always, come what may:

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry, to final breath,
Jesus commend my destiny. 

No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Could ever pluck me from his hand!
Til HE returns, or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I really love this post! This is how I would like life to go:)) ~Cassie