Pages

3.21.2012

Invitation Design



I've been doing a few design projects lately, which is not something I ever thought I'd be decent at or enjoy. I think I've mentioned this before, but I took a graphic design course my junior year of college that taught me how to use Adobe Illustrator and it has been SO useful. I recently designed a poster announcing a music recital and I'll post that later. I won't say I'm by any means a design star, and I'm sure a talented or even beginner graphic design student would change a few (or a lot) of things, but I think I can put together something that's pleasing to look at, modern, creative, and that get's the point across. 

These invitations are for Tim and Reva's wedding (I did their engagement photos last year and will have to blog about them another time- the lighting was so beautiful, and they turned out great). They're having a fall wedding and wanted to include natural, handmade elements such as a wood-carved "T+R" into the invites as well as deep fall colors. Here's the final result, and I hope it's everything they wanted :)


And a close up of the response post card, because it's so cute! Reva came up with the wording, and I love it.

No comments: