Pages

12.24.2012

"Honest" Product Reviews


Ok, I'll admit that this is a really strange Christmas Eve post- but I've had the photos and the words ready to write this for a while. And today, while the rest of the family was watching a movie, (I'm not really a movie person), I decided to go for it! So here we go: Honest product reviews! 


Up first, the Honest Organic Lip Balm Trio. This little package comes with unscented, orange vanilla, and minty lavender balms. The best way to sum up my love for these lip balms? Forsake all others; you will never want to go back to another lip balm after trying these. They go on so smoothly, moisturize so well, and have such pure ingredients. The scents are amazing, and even the unscented balm is enjoyable to use, as well as truly unscented. Bottom line: SO worth the $10. Plus, lip balms last forever... as long as you don't loose them or have them stolen by your husband ;)


Next, the Honest Face & Body Lotion. Before I start, I need to give you a little history on my relationship with lotion. Someone once asked me, "If you were stranded on a dessert island and only had 5 things with you, what would you want them to be?" One of my top 5? Lotion.

I am a lotion ADDICT. I cannot (and that is not an exaggeration) wash my hands or face without having lotion to put on immediately afterwards. I essentially carry it with me everywhere for this purpose, and if I forget it... you'd better bet I will avoid getting my hands or face wet at all costs. I'll admit- it's kind of annoying- but I've been this way for as long as I can remember. So finding a good lotion free of harmful ingredients was quite an undertaking for me. I tried creams, but found them too thick. And some of the scents I've tried have literally made me sick. 

I must say that I really, really like this lotion. I say that with reservation only because it has a few ingredients in it that I can't find a lot of information on. But I've been using it for about a month, and have found that the texture is not too thick and not too watery (though it is more watery than thick), and that although it's "unscented," it has the wonderful, light smell of roses. 

I just took advantage of a free shipping code for Honest. com and ordered three more bottles of this lotion to keep on hand. It will probably takes me about 2 months to go through an entire bottle, and that  is with daily, full body use. It runs about $10 a bottle, and I think it's a fair price. For now, this will continue to be my "go-to" lotion :)


And last, but not least, Honest Wipes! I'll admit that I don't really have a specific use for these yet, but I decided to try them when Honest.com had a good deal on Cyber Monday! As far as I can tell, these are the luxury line of baby wipes. They are incredibly thick and larger than other baby wipes I've felt. The ingredient list is (to my limited but somewhat informed knowledge) quite harmless, and when baby Johnson is here and we have a need for disposable wipes... these will definitely be what we use! We will probably try cloth diapers & wipes (key word- TRY) but when the baby visits the grandparents, we'll be sure to send these along to save them some trouble :)

No comments: