Pages

9.25.2010

"...And I will never again remember their sins."

"And since we have a great High Priest who rules over all God's people, let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting Him. For our evil consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water."  Hebrews 10:21-22


I'm currently working my way through Hebrews, as I've never read it in its entirety. It's not what I expected! It was originally written to Hebrew Christians who may have been considering a return to Judaism, perhaps because they lacked Spiritual maturity and true understanding of how and why the old systems of Judaism had been made "outdated" by Jesus's death on the cross. It spends a great deal of time explaining the old methods, why they were once practiced, and why the new covenant established by the death of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, far outweighs the former!!

No comments: